To help you create that great-looking home and life you’re after, each month I provide a month-appropriate Decorating Savvy Checklist. Select even one of the actions you can take THIS month to make immediate improvements to your nest and life!
- Evaluate the window shades. Replace or update any tired shades for better sun control or heat gain/loss. Remember, no chords in kids’ room!
- Refresh the kids’ rooms for back to school. Declutter, repaint and add fun new artwork…frame some of their art projects from last year’s school year!
- Replace the kitchen or dining room light fixtures to markedly update the room for fall/winter entertaining. (Plus to enjoy yourself 24/7…365 days of the year!)
- Pick and plan any decorating project that must absolutely be completed by Christmas/New Years. (You’re almost too late for Christmas delivery…so ask about lead times before you order!)
- Plan a Labor Day barbecue and purchase fresh new plastic servers to spruce up what you already own.
As ever, even small but savvy changes bring great rewards. Pick just 1 of the ideas above to get moving…and watch wonderful things happen at your place!