You’ve gotta love a good To-Do List. They make life easier as they point the way and remind you of the small steps you can take to accomplish and improve…something.
To help you create that great-looking home and life you’re after, each month I provide a month-appropriate Decorating Savvy Checklist. Select even one of the actions you can take THIS month to make immediate improvements to your nest and life!
- Plan a mid-summer barbeque or outdoor late afternoon tea; menu plan now and get the e-vites out next week!
- Bring in flowers from the garden and make as many bouquets as you can so you can get one in each room, but use varied containers and sizes: juice glasses, shot glasses (for a tiny bud!), vases, footed bowls, soup terrines and pitchers.
- Paint your outdoor furniture to refresh it.
- Pick and plan any decorating project you absolutely need completed by Thanksgiving/Christmas. Now’s the time to start! Workrooms and furniture manufacturers do take rolling summer shutdowns.
- Hit a flea market to find some vintage china to use as is, or hang as an artwork plate wall!
As ever, even small but savvy changes bring great rewards. Pick just 1 of the ideas above to get moving…and watch wonderful things happen at your place!