Summer is almost here! Rather than sitting around daydreaming about your upcoming vacation – although that’s very tempting – try sprucing up your home using this month’s Decorating Savvy Checklist! Select even just one of the actions below to make immediate improvements to your nest and life.
- Spruce up your front door with a fresh coat of paint or a shiny new knocker. While you’re at it, make sure your doorbell is working properly – no one likes to be ignored!
- Update old picture frames with a quick coat of spray paint – go classic black, metallic, or step out with a bold accent color.
- Liven up a monochromatic space by adding a few new accessories in a fun accent color! Think beyond throws and toss pillows. Think about ceramics, pottery or decorative boxes in a great accent color.
- Purchase a beautiful new tray to make outdoor entertaining a cinch. While you’re at it, assess your outdoor serving ware from last year and toss and replace any damaged pieces.
- Treat yourself to spring blooms! Fresh flowers are plentiful and inexpensive this month, so keep an eye out for bargains and fill 2 containers – one for the kitchen and one for your desk.
Small, savvy changes bring great rewards. Pick even just 1 of the ideas above to get moving…and watch wonderful things happen at your place!