It’s back to school time and for a lot of you that means less time spent driving the kids to and from summer camp and more time to focus on your design goals!
To help get you one step closer to your most perfectly beautiful home, enjoy this month’s Decorating Savvy Checklist. Select even just one of the actions below to make immediate improvements to your nest and life:
- Rearrange one bookcase or open shelving area for a quick facelift. Step 1: Empty all content. Step 2: Eliminate ¼ of the items that were there. Step 3: Restyle with fresh eyes, leaving more room for empty space.
- Assess the pillows and bedding in your home that don’t get regular TLC. Launder what can be laundered and replace anything that is stained or worn out.
- Take 30 minutes to straighten up your linen closet. Roll wash cloths and put them into a basket and fold all towels and stack them with the spine out. You’ll be happy every time you open the door.
- With the sun setting earlier, maximize indoor light by replacing outdated lamps or lamp shades. If the budget allows, splurge on a new floor lamp to place next to your favorite chair to create a cozy reading nook!
- Whip your home office into shape! First, go through all your supplies and toss anything that is old or unnecessary. Next, purchase a few stylish organizational tools to maximize storage and ensure you’ll never be caught looking for a pen, paperclip, or rubber band ever again!
- Design timing alert! Start any decorating project that must be done by Christmas or New Years. (You’re almost too late for a Christmas delivery … so ask about lead times before you order!)
Small, savvy changes bring great rewards. Pick even just one of the ideas above to get moving … and watch wonderful things happen at your place!